April Six is a global B2B PR and marketing Agency working with some of the world’s most innovative technology brands. Headquartered in London and with offices in Harefield, Bournemouth, Munich, San Francisco and Singapore, we specialise in delivering exceptional strategic marketing and results-driven integrated programs that cross media and regional barriers.
As part of MISSION, our Agency has access to capabilities and services not typically found in specialist tech agencies, meaning our talented staff are not only able to gain an unusual depth and breadth of experience, but are also able to offer innovative and often unexpected and creative solutions to our Client briefs, driving highly valued and long-terms partnerships.
We are looking for a proactive, aspirational and driven PR Account Director to join our UK technology agency. This is an exciting role; leading the client engagement and consultancy in both established and new accounts. The right candidate will enjoy excellent career opportunities and become part of an exceptional team delivering real business impact, redefining what Clients should expect from Agency partnerships.
Working into the Group Account Director, you will be responsible for the strategic vision, commercial growth and plan execution for 2-3 accounts from a PR point of view. You will secure our status as trusted advisor and confidante to the client whilst supporting and inspiring your talented team to ensure they are fully enabled to deliver above and beyond expectations whilst growing their own skills and capabilities. You will be passionate about your subject matter, and be interested in building your own personal profile as well as that of April Six.
The Account Director role is pivotal to both the Client and Agency business and the successful candidate has a unique opportunity to be involved in re-imagining the role and value of an Agency as we move into the next Gen AI-led revolution.
Account Directors oversee the work we do for some of the most exciting organisations in our client base. This means developing and presenting long term strategy, leading on the direction of accounts and being responsible for the success of client relationships. Experience delivering multi-channel campaigns and a solid understanding of marketing and PR principles, including how owned, earned, paid and social channels can be leveraged, is crucial.
You’ll work closely with account managers to ensure activity is planned effectively, well executed, and achieves the desired outcomes, stepping in and supporting where needed. We have a culture where everyone pitches in on deliverable work to achieve the right results, so first-class media outreach and content development skills will be important, as well as excellent project management skills.
An important part of the role includes nurturing the agency’s reputation and profile within client organisations to stimulate organic growth; identifying new opportunities for work, and leading on the development of proposals and quotes. You should also demonstrate the ability to work with other members of the team on new business.
Strong leadership of teams is essential as well as nurturing and training colleagues of all levels, and sharing skills and experience in both formal and informal environments. You should work well within our own team but also showcase an ability to work well with other teams around the business, clients and suppliers, so being approachable and diplomatic, while effectively managing different stakeholders, is important.
- Overseeing account activity and resource planning, ensuring all work is in line with client expectations and agreed plans, including short term as well as big picture planning
- Strategy development and implementation
- Management of client budgets and understanding of profitability techniques
- Team management, mentoring and coaching
- Identification and conversion of client growth opportunities, including leading on proposal development, to secure further work with our client base
- Acting as an ambassador of client service best practice and quality control, to support the wider team to deliver work that perfectly aligns with our clients’ expectations
- Researching and contributing ideas to keep our campaigns at the leading-edge of industry creativity and best practice
- Understanding and effectively implementing measurement and evaluation principles.
- Advanced presentation skills, including slide deck development
- Managing and negotiating with suppliers; delivering clear briefs to suppliers, managing their deadlines and ensuring the quality of results
- Supporting new business pitches, including research, brainstorming and presenting to prospective clients
Essential skills and attributes
- Think strategically, taking a long-term view, weighing up pros and cons ;
- Communicate these strategic thoughts succinctly
- Capable of proactive and creative thought
- Cope under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Able to get the best from others through encouragement and involvement
- Prioritise workloads for self and others, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Demonstrate understanding of how to work with Clients and deliver to the Client’s specific requirements
- Present effectively and confidently
- Able to develop relationships with colleagues and Clients
- Successful manage a team dynamic
- Prepared to muck in and get involved in areas in which they may have limited or no previous experience
- Willing to learn new skills and assimilate large quantities of information
- Able to negotiate best possible price/value for Clients
- Can be relied upon to do what is required without supervision
- Experience working within a B2B PR Agency
- Recent experience working on tech business
- Experience of presenting ideas both orally and in the written word
- An interest in technology
We thought you might ask that… well, it just so happens we have a pretty good answer for you. Apart from working with a cracking bunch of nice people, we have a number of initiatives to help nurture our talent as well as some nice perks to make life a little easier.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan – we look to support skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and development opportunities
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Hybrid working model (2-3 days in the office)
- Health care cash back scheme (giving you money back for health-related fees such as dental appointments, contact lenses, prescriptions or physio)
- 24 hour GP phone or video consultations and a 24-hour helpline offering counselling and supportive information
- An hour every week to have a “Moment that matters for you” – to relax, exercise or pursue something that’s important to you
- A special gift every year on your work anniversary to say thank you for being a part of our team
- Lunch on the company once a month
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Refer A Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
Is that it?
Pretty much. Check out Aprilsix.com and if you think this exciting opportunity is a good fit for you, then we’d love to hear from you.