Reimagining Retail: Webinar & Live Q&A by The MISSION Group
Wednesday 30th June 2021, 1-2pm BST
The pandemic has fundamentally changed the way we interact with brands. We as consumers now need to connect to a larger cause, and retailers are re-imagining the retail experience as a place for building relationships and cultivating communities in the wake of COVID-19.
Hear from our expert panel of guests of leading food and beverage brands, cultural and data insights specialists and creative agency perspectives moderated by editor, journalist and retail marketing expert Sonoo Singh.
Join us to explore how consumers feel about the British high street, what they value now and unpick how brands and retailers can go from selling product, to serving their community.
- Sonoo Singh is the co-founder of Creative Salon, the home of commercial creativity. Founded last year with her partner, former Campaign global editor, Claire Beale. Born and raised in India, Sonoo is a business journalist and editor with more than two decades of experience reporting on media and marketing in the UK. She has worked at Marketing Week, M&M Global, Campaign and The Drum.
- Ciara Larkin, Consultant at Crowd DNA, a semiotician and trends specialist, Ciara leads research into the cultural narratives and emotional drivers behind shifting landscapes in global retail. Working with some of the world’s most exciting brands including Patagonia, Converse, IKEA, Heineken, Facebook and BBC, she applies a semiotic lens to cultural analysis, unpacking the codes and cues in online and offline retail to help brands strategise with an informed cultural perspective.
- Irene Ippolito, Marketing Manager at Euro Food Brands. Whilst at Euro Food Brands Irene has been building world renowned global brands in the UK such as, Barilla Pasta, Illy Coffee and Natures Path Cereals to name but a few. Irene is recognised for being a passionate, results-driven marketing specialist with a creative mindset, experienced in driving innovation and generating new market opportunities.
- John Quarrey, CEO at krow Group – As the founder of krow, John has driven marketing campaigns for UK retailers DFS, Wilko and Toolstation. The work he did for DFS turned them from a £600M brand to a £1.1Bn brand. And Gold in the IPA Effectiveness Awards. With Wilko, the agency went big on brand love causing competitors decline, and they guided Pets at Home to becoming a national advertiser and household name. John has deep experience in redefining retail brands to ensure they become loved by customers.
- Sarah Whiddett, Director at Kantar – Sarah previously served as the Head of Insight at leading wholesaler Bidfood, developing its most influential marketing campaign ‘Trends’ and leading its Insight, CX and Customer Marketing channels. Sarah now uses her 15+ years’ experience in customer insight, which includes chairing AURA - the UK’s biggest networking and events organisation, to help brands shape their strategies for success.