Social Media Account Manager
Hybrid- Cardiff/ London
Who we are:
We’re Populate, Cardiff’s homegrown social media marketing agency. We create content for brands all across the UK and Europe, primarily focused on the B2C space. We believe in social that has impact. Not just pretty pictures and fluffy strategies; purpose, transparency, and genuine results make us tick.
Over the past 7 years, we have been guiding challenger brands, such as Mallows Beauty, as well as established names like Mercedes-Benz, Betway, Hawaiian Tropic, and The North Face, to successfully navigate and harness the power of social media. As a team of 20 dedicated professionals, we are part of The MISSION Group, a network of more than 1000 individuals spread across three continents and 18 agencies. It is an exciting time to join the Populate journey and we’re looking for incredibly talented people to join us.
What to expect
● Keeping on top of your clients’ projects; making sure they’re looked after effectively, managing both your own tasks and the core tasks of those that are also involved in the account.
● Working across various platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
● Working alongside our creative team, writing creative briefs, helping with the logistics of shoots, research and idea planning, occasionally required on set. Being the last sign off for content and ensuring it’s created within the brand guidelines of your clients.
● Working alongside our paid ads team, briefing the ads team, reviewing paid ad performance and relaying campaign performance and what the results mean to clients—this requires understanding the fundamentals of digital advertising to field basic questions the client may have
. ● Keeping on top of new developments in the social industry and applying these to your work and client accounts.
● Gain a thorough understanding of your clients’ business’ and major trends shaping their markets. ● Ensuring work is produced to the best quality, on time and within budget.
● Campaign planning and strategy.
● Summarising data and results and writing reports.
● Engagement—both proactive and reactive.
● Scheduling content using third party software.
● Crafting engaging copy, both long and short-form.
● Lots of comms with your clients—whether it’s updating them on the amazing results we’ve been generating, taking them for a coffee and catching up about their daughter’s latest escapades in the school nativity or chasing them up because we’ve been asking for the same piece of content for weeks!
The Right Stuff
● 3+ years of experience in social media management/marketing, ideally in an agency or consumer-facing brand environment.
● Experience and knowledge across a mix of social channels, especially Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
● Copywriting skills must be sharp with the ability to write in multiple tones of voice, ability to be concise and can spot a typo a mile off.
● A strategic thinker that has a good understanding of both social media strategies and the wider marketing mix.
● A confident communicator—both in person and over the phone.
● We have a lot of paid advertising clients, so experience of managing advertising campaigns is important—this doesn’t mean you’ll be building or implementing them! But you’ll need experience in writing campaign briefs, speaking with the paid team to make changes, analyse the performance of campaigns, a knowledge of key metrics (CPA, CPC, CTR, CPM, ROAS etc) and how they affect performance.
● Previous experience and proven ability to handle a busy workload, prioritise and be flexible is super important.
● You demonstrate initiative at every turn and have a real ‘can-do’ attitude.
● You smash out good work and take pride in what you do; you hiss at the ‘that’ll do’ attitude.
● Enjoy collaborating with others and working as part of a growing team.
● You’re the kind of person who is always looking for and learning from new information and experiences.
GREAT to have but not essential:
● Basic knowledge of Adobe Platforms (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
● Good understanding of Facebook Ads Manager and Facebook Business Manager.
● Experience of working on multiple accounts in an agency environment is preferred.
● An understanding of Asana would be hugely beneficial.
● Company bonus available, dependent on performance and company profit
● Personal development budget and dedicated development days
● 35 days holiday, including an extra day off for your birthday + Christmas Eve too
● We’re pretty relaxed here—doctors, dentist, house viewing appointments etc doesn’t have to be taken as holiday
● Commission on any new business you bring in
● Work and collaborate alongside our close-knit team full of social media experts
● No-one to look after your dog this week? We have an open-door policy for your pup from time to time as they need love too!
● Great company culture; a supportive and feedback-orientated office environment equipped with team lunches and socials
● Access to our menu of company benefits, varying from blue lens computer glasses to private medical insurance
● Company-wide retreat once a year
● Office based in the city centre
● Pension-related benefits