PR Account Manager- Tennis
London – Tottenham Court Road
Mongoose Group is a global collective of Sports, Entertainment and Lifestyle Agencies. We deliver specialist expertise for both brands and rights holders across Communications, PR, Sponsorship, Activation and Experiential. Creativity focused and commercially aware, our integrated approach delivers bespoke campaigns to make business grow. We’re proud to work with some of the world’s leading brands such as New Balance, Bridgestone, The North Face, Bupa, Mercedes F1 and Ineos Grenadiers; and leading rights holders such as Edgbaston, World Sailing, America’s Cup, Badminton England and Henley Royal Regatta and Alpine F1.
Roles are by no means set in stone at Mongoose; we all work flexibly with the mindset that we’ll do whatever we need to ensure success for our clients, after all we work in a dynamic, fast paced and constantly changing environment. We encourage ambition and want everyone to reach beyond their role.
Mongoose is looking for a hardworking, proactive, diligent and enthusiastic PR & Account Manager to join our tennis client team. You will be working across PR and communications, activating events throughout the season, with the potential for travel. The role has a great balance of working independently and within a supportive team. The ideal candidate will have two years of experience working in the PR and sporting / tennis world, with an existing media network.
- Effectively oversee the day-to-day operations of our tennis account, establishing a close and proactive collaboration with our client to not only meet but also anticipate their daily requirements.
- Research and monitor key sporting stories, media and business.
- Operate our global press office, including developing communication strategies and key messaging, as well as liaising with media globally.
- Create high-end written content, such as press releases and press kits, for use across the tennis season.
- Coordinate photography and video content
- Manage media sites and image portals.
- Develop media events and luxury press trips.
- Liaise with and manage ambassadors, stakeholders, and company staff.
- In-depth reporting and coverage analysis
- Opportunity to grow within the agency, working across accounts and sports.
- Supporting the team and Account Directors to deliver above and beyond for our clients.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about sport, particularly tennis
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Well organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Conscientious and proactive with a good understanding of the evolving media landscape
- A meticulous attention to detail, editing and proofing.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Able to operate well independently and in a team environment.
- Valid driving license and passport
- Fluent English speaker, with foreign languages a bonus
- Given the nature of the role you may have to work beyond normal office hours and weekends.
- 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Back Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Online Training.