PEOPLE BUSINESS PARTNER
London Office Base with remote & flexible working options + limited travel.
4 or 5 days per week.
WHO ARE WE?
MISSION is a collective of Creative and MarTech Agencies led by entrepreneurs who encourage an independent spirit. Employing 1,000 people across 27 locations and 3 continents, the Group successfully combines its diverse expertise to produce Work That Counts™ for our Clients, whatever their ambitions. Creating real standout, sharing real innovation and delivering real growth for some of the world’s biggest brands. www.themission.co.uk
THE PEOPLE TEAM
The People Team are based across several locations in the UK and Asia, working both onsite with Agencies and remotely. We are a professional, close knit team, comprising of 20 specialists in Strategic HR, Recruitment, Learning & Development, People Services, Reward & Benefits and People Analytics.
Joining the Partnering team of 7 and reporting into the Head of People Partnering, this is a fantastic opportunity to truly partner senior business leaders across the group and help them to deliver on their people plans.
Working closely with the Partnering Team and the broader People Team you will partner with Agency leadership and provide a mixture of hands on and strategic support to a few key businesses based in the south east. You will play a key role in supporting the design and delivery of key innovations across project work, organisational development, employee relations, talent, DIB and provide generalist advice. This is an extremely varied and dynamic role managing multiple senior stakeholders.
- Support the Partnering team to develop and implement yearly Agency people plans
- Develop strong partnering relationships, building credibility and trust with your stakeholders
- Work across the People team to identify talent pipeline opportunities and challenges
- Support the delivery of our coaching-led approach to performance development in order to build high performing teams
- Work closely with the Talent team on people development activities and identify learning and development opportunities to inform the wider learning strategy
- Lead/contribute/support on a range of projects across locations
- Collaborate with our People Services team to ensure people management policies and procedures are fit for purpose and provide the appropriate support to embed change
- Proactively identify potential employee relations challenges, as well as manage reactive cases and provide sound legal advice to our people managers
- Promote and deliver a partnership approach with leaders to develop commercially sound People decision-making and problem-solving capability
- Drive organisational change initiatives
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Member of the CIPD or with equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Skilled negotiation and influencing skills, able to challenge effectively
- Track record in building credible and trusted relationships with all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement in dealing with complex problems or queries and providing advice, balanced with knowing when to escalate
- Well organised with the ability to manage a varied workload and conflicting deadlines
- Up to date knowledge of UK HR employment law
- Experience of manging employee relations cases, change management, and performance management
- Ability to communicate complex People issues effectively to a range of groups and individuals verbally and in writing
- Hold a valid UK driving licence and able to travel with potential overnight stays
- Experience of working across multiple locations / multiple businesses
- Experience of coaching and advising managers on performance development activities
- Actively engaged within the HR community through either networks or other CPD
AND IN RETURN…
- Great opportunity to join a progressive business, operating across strategic and hands-on People projects for a number of different businesses
- Be part of a great team culture
- Autonomy to get the job done, with as much support as you need, when you need it
- Collaborative working environment, with the opportunity to work with a range of people across several different businesses, in different locations
- London base, with flexibility to work from home/remotely. Travel to other locations will be required.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service + Plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme, with enhanced Employer contributions after 1 years’ service
- Medical Cash Plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme, via Salary Sacrifice
- Employee Discount Scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts at various shopping outlets, gyms etc
- Outstanding training and progression, including access to LinkedIn Learning and The Mission Group Learning Management System
- Mission Share Purchase Scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Regular staff social events
- Company Christmas closure
- Long service awards
- Cycle To Work scheme