Junior Digital Designer
Hybrid working mix of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote home working
£20,000 to £25,000
We are an integrated creative agency with over 200 effectiveness awards to our name. With 60 people across 3 offices in Edinburgh, Birmingham and Newcastle. We apply our many and varied skills across a wide range of sectors, media and marketing challenges. From long-term brand building to short-term marketing activations, we build belief by creating ideas you can advertise – not advertising ideas.
Within this role you will be reporting to the Creative Director / Senior Digital Designer, working as part of a busy department to deliver digital design concepts on brief, on time and on budget. Your designs will be applied across all aspects of digital, ensuring they work responsively from desktop to mobile.
As a strong communicator, you will work collaboratively with the Account Handling team to take briefs, interrogate when required and sense check for a deeper understanding of the task and handle any revisions. You will also be able to present your ideas internally.
- Designing and building social posts and HTML5 digital ads
- Experience of designing to WCAG accessibility standards
- Experience of wire-framing and prototyping
- An understanding of the steps involved in a digital project
- Solid knowledge of UI design software like Sketch, XD, or Figma
- Experience of Creative Cloud apps like Photoshop and Illustrator would be really useful
- Some video editing and animation skills
- A motivated self-starter, multi-tasker and good manager of time
- Passionate and enthusiastic about all things creative – popular culture, design and innovation – and share that passion with colleagues
- An appetite to grow and develop
- A good communicator and listener
- Ability to convey ideas and handover to developers
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and environment.
Employee Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 31 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Salary sacrifice scheme to purchase a new electric car
- As much coffee as you can drink (in the office)
- Payday drinks on the last Friday of the month
After 3 months –
- Matched Pension (up to 5%)
After one year –
- Performance related bonus
- Subsidised Private health care
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme