Junior Digital Designer
About this role and you
We’re on the hunt for a digital focused designer to join our busy creative department.
And you – you have an eye for outstanding digi-design and know how to create impactful work. You like to experiment, to better understand what engages eyeballs. You take delight in turning sometimes complex concepts into something simple, which will motivate your audience to actually act – whether you’re designing web sites – from ecom to educational, creating a bespoke app or simply designing an email. You always have the audience experience and the brand style front of mind.
You’ll be able to collaborate with and work alongside our Lead Digital Designer and our UX and CX department team members to answer client briefs to the full, championing the importance of great design. You’ll be confident in your work and open to the opportunity to present it to clients where necessary.
Is this you?
- You have an interest and awareness of social and cultural trends and their influence on all types of design
- You have strong digital design/communication skills and an eye for detail. Pixel perfect may be a phrase that suits you.
- You’re a self-starter, highly motivated, able to multi-task and work efficiently under demanding deadlines
- You’re able to produce visuals on a Mac or assets for development, and are competent in Adobe CC suite: XD, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- You’re able to implement existing brand guidelines and to define the look and feel for projects where needed
- You understand the importance of micro-interactions and transitions in your design.
- You demonstrate strong design thinking for digital projects
Why share and develop your talents at krow?
Well, we don’t like to crow about it, but we’ve got some great people and awesome clients, from Adnams to Aviva and Barclays to Boehringer Ingelheim, and many other brands beginning with letters that come later in the alphabet.
You’ll work with a flock of talented people including copywriters, art directors, UX and CX specialists and strategists.
You’ll get 25 days holiday with an extra day off for your Birthday, plus bank holidays. We
usually close between the Christmas and New Year holidays, giving us a nice long break. These days will not be taken from your holiday allowance. A Company Pension. Health Cash Plan, cash back on dental, optical, and other health care costs such as physiotherapy, osteopathy, reflexology, and acupuncture and Life Assurance to name but a few.
Sound good? Great! Read on…
What will you actually be doing?
Working at krow means you’ll get plenty of variety. You’ll be:
- crafting engaging digital designs, from web site concepts to wireframes and emails and all that comes between
- collaborating with copy writers and art directors and our UX/CX specialists to make each piece as effective as possible
- sharing your work and rationales with colleagues and clients
- supported by our lead digital designer to build knowledge of process and design skills
- supported by our team to build knowledge of the brands we work with.
So, what now?
Apply, apply, apply with your CV and a link to your portfolio or a selection of your portfolio pieces. We can’t wait to see them.