Who are we?
The alternative Group for ambitious brands. We are a collective of creative Agencies led by entrepreneurs who encourage an independent spirit. If we can continue to help brands thrive with some passion, some humility, some magic, and with plenty of hard work, we’ll feel like we are doing the right thing.
The Accounting Services Team
The Accounting Services Team are a part of the centralised shared services based across several locations in the UK, US and Asia. We are made up of thirty-one staff supporting fifteen of the UK based Agencies covering all aspects of finance, from day-to-day accounting to the preparation of group submissions and dealing with new acquisitions and their integration into the Group.
As a Purchase Ledger Assistant, you will be a part of a team of ten using our bespoke system to record purchase orders, invoices and expenses. Assisting with cash management and bank reconciliation.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Distributing supplier invoices for authorisation using our bespoke system
- Coding and processing supplier invoices
- Staff expense claim processing
- Ensuring internal controls have been adhered to and that VAT is correctly accounted for
- Reconciling supplier statements and expense accounts
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies, including working with Client Service teams and suppliers when needed
What will I need?
You will need to have previous experience of working within a finance team and therefore will possess an excellent working knowledge of all MS programmes especially Excel and Word. Communication is key in this role, and you will need to be able to speak with and write to colleagues of all levels. You will need to posses a keen eye for detail, being able to process transactions in a timely and accurate manner. Ideally you will have had exposure to Sage 200 and hold your AAT up to level 3, however if this is not essential and training will be provided where needed.
And in return…
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service + Plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme, with enhanced Employer contributions after 1 years’ service
- Medical Cash Plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee Discount Scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts at various shopping outlets, gyms etc
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme, via Salary Sacrifice
- Outstanding training and progression, including access to LinkedIn Learning and The Mission Group Learning Management System
- Company Christmas closure
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Mission Share Purchase Scheme
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed (Level 1) Employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to; ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, communicating and promoting vacancies, offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job and anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.