Event Logistics Manager
Salary dependent on experience and skills.
A little about us…
ALIVE is a dynamic experiential marketing and brand activation agency which delivers award-winning experiential campaigns for local and global brands across Singapore and Southeast Asia. Part of The Mission Group and based in Singapore, ALIVE boasts an impressive portfolio of clients who rely on our expertise to create and deliver unique events and marketing campaigns, in a range of different locations and environments.
What will I be doing?
The Reckitt Global Hygiene Institute (RGHI) is hosting its first Global Hygiene Summit (GHS) in Singapore in February 2023. Up to 600 delegates are expected to attend from all over the world to discuss hygiene science, behaviour, economics, and real-world experiences which can shape policy and drive better public health outcomes globally. Taking place at Raffles City Convention Centre over 5 days, the event will include exhibitions, workshops, panel discussions, expert talks, and networking sessions.
The goal for this position is to support the GHS account team on all logistical and operational tasks during the pre, during, and post-event phases, to ensure ALIVE delivers a smooth-running flawless event for RGHI. This person will be responsible for all backstage coordination and will play a pivotal client-facing role in the team.
• Event execution – bring the event to life coordinating all operational and logistical elements, as per the team plans including guest rooming services, hotel liaison, airport transfers and car services, catering, shipping and transport, logistics and technical operations
• Venue management – be the primary point of contact for Raffles City CC plus all the associated hotels, restaurants and other establishments involved in the schedule
• Manage AVL and technical requirements with selected vendors alongside RGHI client team
• Coordinate catering requirements for all guests and crew across the entire event period
• Planning, coordinating, and managing logistics, warehousing, storage, and stock requirements including items being shipped from overseas
• Liaise with and manage up to 30 exhibitors including booth planning, layout, set up, tear down, and production
• Ensure compliance with all licenses, insurance, legal, and health & safety obligations
What will I need?
Minimum 10 years of live event experience with exceptional local knowledge of running events in Singapore
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with exceptional client service skills
• Outstanding problem-solving skills – able to make decisions quickly and rationally
• Comfortable multi-tasking in a range of different environments with multiple deadlines
• Exceptional organisational & time-management skills
• Efficiency & productivity – work quickly and cleverly to meet deadlines and expectations
The Person (Personal Attributes):
• Personable, with an ability to fit in quickly and become a valued member of the project team
• Intelligent, process driven, logical thinker, with exceptional attention to detail
• Reliable and confident in day-to-day responsibilities
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated, demonstrating great knowledge & a passion for events and outstanding live experiences
• Keen sense of urgency to action requests immediately and thoroughly
• Professional, mature, and a solid team player
And in return…
• Competitive salary, depending on experience
• 6-month contract (Sept 2022 – Feb 2023)