The Old Sawmills, Filleigh, Devon, EX32
Who are we?
MISSION is a collective of Creative and MarTech Agencies led by entrepreneurs who encourage an independent spirit. Employing over 1,000 people across 27 locations and 3 continents, the Group successfully combines its diverse expertise to produce Work That Counts TM for our Clients, whatever their ambitions. Creating real standout, sharing real innovation and delivering real growth for some of the world’s biggest brands. www.themission.co.uk
The Accounting Services Team
The Accounting Services Team are a part of the centralised shared services based across several locations in the UK, US and Asia. We are made up of forty staff supporting twenty-one Agencies in the group, covering all aspects of finance, from day-to-day accounting to the preparation of group submissions, and dealing with new acquisitions and their integration into the Group.
As a Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Assistant, you will be a part of a team of seven processing a high volume of transactions and servicing multiple companies. Due to this, working together as a tight knit team is a priority, continually looking for ways to work efficiently and maintaining the highest possible standards.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Credit Control duties, including sending out monthly statements, contacting clients regarding payment by phone or email, and keeping a log of correspondence history.
- Processing, issuing & sending sales invoices to clients.
- Maintaining the sales ledger email inboxes, responding to & resolving queries (internal & external) by email or phone in a timely, professional manner.
- Ensuring accuracy of data entered onto the Finance & in-house job costing systems.
- Administration of the in-house job costing system, assisting users of the system across The MISSION Group.
- Maintaining the various sales ledgers that we service, ensuring SL accounts are kept in an orderly manner.
- Processing card receipts over the phone when required.
- Assisting with monthly reconciliations where required, reporting information to supervisor.
- Completing regular debt update and cash flow reports.
- Developing effective working relationships within the Finance team and across The MISSION Group to meet team & organisational objectives.
What will I need?
We are ideally looking for someone who has previous experience in a Finance Department, with a focus on sales ledger. You will have excellent numeracy skills, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. You will be organised, able to work to monthly deadlines and be clear in your written and spoken communication.
And in return…
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service + Plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme, with enhanced Employer contributions after 1 years’ service
- Medical Cash Plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee Discount Scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts at various shopping outlets, gyms etc
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme, via Salary Sacrifice
- Outstanding training and progression, including access to LinkedIn Learning and The Mission Group Learning Management System
- Company Christmas closure
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Mission Share Purchase Scheme
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed (Level 1) Employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to; ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, communicating and promoting vacancies, offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job and anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.