We’re April Six, a global marketing and communications specialist, servicing brands in Technology, Science and Mobility through our deep, specialist knowledge of these core industries.
We are looking for ambitious and talented copywriters who have a desire to create moments that matter for the brands that are shaping the future. Whether writing long form, video scripts or headlines, we need someone who can connect with our clients’ customers across science and technology to persuade and inform, driving smiles, likes, shares and clicks.
We are big on ideas: they are our lifeblood and what sets April Six apart from the competition. Ideas will be important for more senior roles, so a good understanding of marketing and creative strategy, alongside the desire to sell campaigns that connect will be something that comes naturally. For junior copywriters we are looking for talent and ability to translate complex client offerings into memorable, actionable content.
The moment of truth
You’ll bring a good understanding of B2B technology and sciences such as pharma, and of writing campaigns that create memorable moments and achieve results for clients:
- Using all the skills and linguistic weaponry in a copywriter’s arsenal to convey the benefits of complex scientific innovations and B2B technology solutions in clear and memorable ways.
- Tailoring copy to an individual brand tone of voice, audience, media channel or content format.
- Working with art directors or designers to co-create conceptual strategic campaign ideas that fuel both brand and/or demand generation.
- Presenting these ideas to the Creative Director, Client Service teams and, where appropriate,
direct to clients.
- Maintaining a broad understanding of content marketing.
- Researching clients to understand their markets and competitive landscape, if required.
- Bringing new copy trends and tools to the agency to help us stay ahead of our competition.
- Proactively contributing relevant articles to the agency blog and social media outlets.
Your moment to shine
You’ll be all of these things and more:
- Resilient and patient, with a mature attitude.
- Self-sufficient and comfortable taking the initiative.
- A clear communicator with confident presentation skills.
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic.
- Possessed of an unrelenting desire to spot an opportunity to push the creative boundaries further.
- Ready to create ‘Aha!’ moments for both emerging and some of the biggest brands in B2B and science.
We thought you might ask that… well, it just so happens we have a pretty good answer for you. Apart from working with a cracking bunch of nice people, we have a number of initiatives to help nurture our talent as well as some nice perks to make life a little easier.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary sacrifice scheme to purchase a new Electric Car
April Six embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re an equal opportunity employer and to reflect our global position, we embrace best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion in the regions where we operate.