SPARK – Part of The Mission Group
Business Development Representative
Package: £30,000 – £40,000 (dependent on experience) + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Hybrid. Business is based in Aspley Guise, Buckinghamshire.
SPARK are one of the marketing industry’s best kept secrets.
We deliver interesting and profitable solutions to agencies, brands and closed user-groups to help them attract and retain new customers, employees and members. We also have a strong track record in facilitating and delivering promotional campaigns which change consumers behaviours – the sort of thing you regularly see on supermarket shelves.
While we build bespoke campaigns, we also hold exclusive business to business sales contracts for Cineworld, Showcase and other brands and we’re looking for someone to help us find new clients for those partners.
Those products include our market-leading cinema discount e-commerce platform “The Cinema Society” as well as cinema vouchers sold in bulk for consumer reward or resell.
Our clients range from SME’s, schools and public bodies to huge brands such as Sky, Kia, McDonald’s, Santander and MasterCard. We’ve grown rapidly since 2016 through word of mouth and reacting to opportunities but we’d like to improve our pro-active new business outreach and that’s where you come in…
Your role will entail the selling of our product to defined member, customer and employee groups. You’ll be responsible for identifying, researching and approaching relevant businesses, with the support from our in-house IT, operations and marketing teams. You’ll lead and will own and manage the process.
We have a top-class account management team. You’ll work with them to report on client progression and new opportunities.
In a very real sense, this isn’t a sales role. We never employ a ‘hard-sell approach.’ It’s about instigating conversations, it’s about being aware of the big issues our clients have and finding ways to solve them to mutual advantage.
- Perform desktop, field research and use our in-house data to identify companies and organisations who would benefit from our services.
- Work with the Business Development Director and Marketing Team to pro-actively approach those organisations with solutions appropriate to their needs.
- Source and manage our profile at industry and networking events.
- Respond to business leads with further information and where appropriate conduct sales meetings remotely or in person.
- Work with the In-house Account Team to ensure a smooth transition of work and excellent customer service.
- Prepare reports for and regularly meet both internal line manager and clients as required to update them on activity undertaken.
- Have some fun! Stay motivated, interested, and try to learn something new every day!
Essential skills and attributes
- Positive outlook and ability to keep a smile on your face when under pressure.
- HUGELY motivated…it’s not easy making lots of new business approaches, particularly when sometimes you feel like you’re not getting anywhere…but the successful approaches make it worth it.
- Confident presenter to senior people in HR and marketing functions
- Able to prioritise workload, identify what’s essential, important and desirable.
- Open-minded, with the ability to learn.
- Able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to develop relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Comfortable with working as part of a team.
- Someone who doesn’t like a trip to the cinema may find many office conversations challenging.
Outlook and attitude are more important than experience, however it would be beneficial to have some knowledge and experience in one of the following sectors:
- B2B sales environments
- Employee Benefit & Reward
- Member Benefit & Reward
- Sales Promotion / Shopper Marketing
If this role sounds ideal for you but you don’t quite have all the experience, we’d still welcome your application.
And in return…
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days holiday following 2 years’ service
- Health Cash Plan offering cash back on dental, optical, and other health care costs
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to a 24/7 confidential helpline
- Access to our fantastic online training platform where you will find a wide range of learning content to assist you with your own personal development
- Life Assurance policy
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- MISSION Share Incentive Plan
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed (Level 1) Employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to; ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, communicating and promoting vacancies, offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job and anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.