A little about us…
The Mission Group is a collective of creative Agencies led by entrepreneurs who encourage an independent spirit, we are the UK’s 9th largest dedicated communications group. But we don’t just have roots in the UK, we work out of 31 places including Munich, San Francisco, Chicago, Vietnam, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Singapore. In total we employ over 1,000 specialist staff.
Our shared services team consists of Finance, IT and HR provide support across the 15 Agencies within in the Group.
About the role…
The Accounting Services Team is currently made up of 30 staff covering all aspects of finance, from day-to-day accounting to the preparation of group submissions and dealing with new acquisitions and their integration into the Group. The team provides financial services to 20 Mission subsidiaries across the UK as well as Agencies in USA, Singapore, and Germany.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Producing monthly management accounts for various group companies within Group timetable, in local currency and GBP, including calculating prepayments, WIP and accruals
- Analysis of monthly accounts and investigation of variances including nominal reconciliations
- Reviewing, analysing, and checking foreign exchange accounting entries
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts
- Maintaining good working relationships with the Agency’s senior management teams and liaise regularly with them as required
- Reviewing profitability reports with senior management teams to ensure all income has been recorded and that costs are accurate and in line with expectations
- VAT returns and equivalent submissions for overseas subsidiaries.
- Preparation of annual accounts
- Preparation and submission of State and Federal statutory returns for US subsidiary
- Assisting with the preparation of data for the external audit
This opportunity will suit a part qualified ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA accountant with strong excel skills. Someone who is looking for a new challenge. Have effective communication skills including the ability to present and discuss financial information to senior stake holders as well as the ability to judge and manage priorities effectively and work to tight timescales. On occasion, be flexible in terms of working hours to service all our global locations.
And in return…
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service + Plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme, with enhanced Employer contributions after 1 years’ service
- Medical Cash Plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
- Employee Discount Scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts at various shopping outlets, gyms etc
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme, via Salary Sacrifice
- Outstanding training and progression, earning your level three IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship as well as access to LinkedIn Learning and The Mission Group Learning Management System
- Company Christmas closure
- Cycle To Work scheme
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed (Level 1) Employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to; ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, communicating and promoting vacancies, offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job and anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.