We are looking for a proactive, talented and driven Account Manager to join our UK technology Agency. This is an exciting role supporting a number of market-defining accounts. The right candidate will enjoy excellent career opportunities and become part of an exceptional team delivering real business impact, redefining what Clients should expect from Agency partnerships.
April Six is a global B2B marketing Agency working with some of the world’s most innovative technology brands. Headquartered in London and with offices in Harefield, Bournemouth, Munich, San Francisco and Singapore, we specialise in delivering exceptional strategic marketing and results-driven integrated programs that cross media and regional barriers.
As part of MISSION, our Agency has access to capabilities and services not typically found in specialist tech agencies, meaning our talented staff are not only able to gain an unusual depth and breadth of experience, but are also able to offer innovative and often unexpected and creative solutions to our Client briefs, driving highly valued and long-terms partnerships.
Purpose of the role
To join an established team looking after one of the agencies largest global accounts, as well as the largest growing account in the business. The Account Manager role is pivotal in the day-to-day management of the Client’s business and the activation of campaigns from brief through to execution. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on an account that pushes the boundaries when it comes to best-in-class activation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To build and maintain strong relationships with Clients and to be the first point of contact for the Client on day-to-day matters
- To proactively manage the day-to-day administration of all Client projects. Ensure Agency resource is accurately and proactively managed – using both systems and communication – and that internal and external stakeholders expectations are fully managed
- To ensure that Clients’ briefs are fully understood, by both challenging and interpreting, and – once clear – writing clear concise Agency briefs, with the support of your Manager
- To have knowledge of the Client’s business, objectives and the technology sector in which they operate, and be able to apply this when briefing and evaluating output
- To both orally and in writing present the Agency’s recommendations effectively, logically and concisely
- To negotiate and gain approval from the Client for all projects and creative work and to ensure that all work is carried out in line with these agreements
- To be responsible for the day to day management of finances – to monitor all pricing on jobs to ensure that all aspects of a project are produced on time, efficiently and on budget, ensuring that full approval has been gained before monies are committed (obtaining purchase orders). Ensure prompt invoicing on completion.
- Support Managers with the forecasting of Agency income
- To manage the workflow for Account Executive where you have responsibility
Essential skills and attributes
- Able to think strategically, taking a long-term view, weighing up pros and cons
- Able to communicate these strategic thoughts succinctly
- Capable of proactive and creative thought
- Able to cope under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Able to get the best from others through encouragement and involvement
- Able to prioritise workloads for self and others, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how to work with Clients and deliver to the Client’s specific requirements
- Able to present effectively and confidently
- Able to develop relationships with colleagues and Clients
- Able to manage a team dynamic when required
- Prepared to muck in and get involved in areas in which they may have limited or no previous experience
- Willing to learn new skills and assimilate large quantities of information
- Able to negotiate best possible price/value for Clients
- Can be relied upon to do what is required without continuous supervision
- Experience working within a fully integrated B2B marketing Agency
- Experience of presenting ideas both orally and in the written word
- An interest in technology
And in return?
We thought you might ask that… well, it just so happens we have a pretty good answer for you. Apart from working with a cracking bunch of nice people, we have a number of initiatives to help nurture our talent as well as some nice perks to make life a little easier.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan – we look to support skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and development opportunities
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Health care cash back scheme (giving you money back for health-related fees such as dental appointments, contact lenses, prescriptions or physio)
- 24 hour GP phone or video consultations and a 24-hour helpline offering counselling and supportive information
- An hour every week to have a “Moment that matters for you” – to relax, exercise or pursue something that’s important to you
- A special gift every year on your work anniversary to say thank you for being a part of our team
- Lunch on the company once a month
- Electric car leasing scheme
- Refer A Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
Is that it?
Pretty much. Check out Aprilsix.com and if you think this exciting opportunity is a good fit for you, then we’d love to hear from you.