Job title: Senior Account Manager
April Six is a global B2B marketing agency working with some of the world’s most innovative technology brands. With global offices in the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, and the United States, we specialize in delivering exceptional strategic marketing and results-driven integrated campaigns that cross media and regional barriers.
We’re looking for a charismatic and commercially astute Senior Account Manager (SAM) who is able to hit the ground running and who is used to the fast pace of agency life. You will have the ability to think strategically and creatively and be able to work collaboratively to get the best results. You’ll have proven experience leading senior Client relationships and building and delivering thoughtful and compelling proposals on behalf of the agency. You will inspire and manage those around you, supporting them to reach their full potential. Reporting to the Group Account Director, you’ll be responsible for a number of identified Client relationships as well as projects – from campaign planning and proposal creation through to management of the delivery of high quality and effective deliverables.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To have an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and the sector in which they operate, and apply this knowledge in your day-to-day management of projects
- Maintain and grow strong Client relationships, through empathy and the ability to provide sound advice whilst always ensuring you lead the delivery of work that not only meets, but exceeds expectations
- Build energising and symbiotic relationships with your colleagues across the Agency
- Write excellent creative briefs, inspiring both clients and colleagues
- Effectively evaluate strategic and creative outputs to drive the very best outcome for your Client and the Agency
- Day to day management of projects through the Agency, carefully navigating Client expectations
- To think proactively on behalf of Clients. Considering new marketing initiatives and forthcoming projects
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of marketing including new trends, techniques, technologies and tools
- To both orally and in writing present the Agency’s recommendations effectively, logically and concisely
- To accurately contribute to weekly forecasting, maintaining profitability of the projects you manage
- Embrace a coaching-culture, managing and inspiring the individuals within the account team that you have responsibility for as well as those in the wider organisation
- Manage the work flow for Account Executives or Account Managers that you have responsibility for, trouble-shooting where needed
Essential skills and attributes
- Able to think strategically, taking a long-term view, weighing up pros and cons
- Able to communicate these strategic thoughts succinctly, and confidently to senior agency and client stakeholders
- Able to lead and expand Client relationships and take responsibility for delivering excellence
- Able to identify new opportunities and orchestrate an appropriate course of action to realise them
- Capable of proactive and creative thought
- Able to get the best from others through encouragement and involvement
- Able to prioritise workloads for self and others, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Able to negotiate best possible price/value for clients
Is there any specific experience, skills or qualifications needed?
- Experience working within a fully integrated B2B marketing agency
- Experience of presenting ideas both orally and in the written word
- An interest in technology
- Digital marketing qualifications ideal
And in return?
We thought you might ask that… well, it just so happens we have a pretty good answer for you. Apart from working with a cracking bunch of nice people, we have a number of initiatives to help nurture our talent as well as some nice perks to make life a little easier.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback.
- Professional development plan – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses.
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays.) Increasing to 30 days after 5 years service.
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Daily Fruit bowl and Breakfast essentials
- Refer A Friend Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Beer Fridge Friday.
- Tons of free parking.
Is that it?
Pretty much. Although it’s worth knowing that in addition to all of this, April Six is part of The Mission Marketing Group, a collation of 16 multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial agencies that include integrated, multi-sector agencies and specialists in particular markets. We employ 1,100 people across 25 offices in the UK, Asia and the US.
April Six embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re an equal opportunity employer and to reflect our global position, we embrace best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion in the regions where we operate.