We are looking for an inspiring, talented and driven Account Manager to join our UK agency. This is an exciting and pivotal role in one of our largest global accounts. We have over 125 team members in 3 continents, the right candidate will enjoy excellent career opportunities and become part of an exceptional team delivering best-in-class marketing on a global scale.
April Six is a global B2B marketing agency working with some of the world’s most innovative technology brands. Headquartered in Harefield, London, San Francisco and Singapore, we specialise in delivering exceptional strategic marketing and results-driven integrated programs that cross media and regional barriers.
Purpose of the role
To join an established team looking after one of the agencies largest global accounts, the Account Manager role is pivotal in the day-to-day management of the client’s business and the implementation of campaigns from brief through to execution. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on an account that pushes the boundaries when it comes to best in class global campaigns.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- To oversee the day-to-day administration of all client projects. Ensuring that clients’ briefs are interpreted, all deadlines are met and projects are prioritised
- To attend and actively participate in regular client and team status meetings both locally (UK) and globally (with overseas peers and clients)
- To oversee all aspects of work carried out for the client in other departments of the agency
- To develop strong relationships with all departments of the agency
- To build and maintain strong relationships with clients and to be the first point of contact for the client on day-to-day matters
- To have an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and the technology sector in which they operate
- To think proactively on behalf of clients and agency. Considering new marketing initiatives and forthcoming projects
- To negotiate and gain approval from the client for all projects and creative work and to ensure that all work is carried out in line with these agreements
- To ensure that all paperwork is kept up to date including all relevant account information (e.g. estimates, briefs etc.) and ensure that contact reports are produced and approved by clients
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of marketing including new trends, tools and technologies
- To both orally and in writing present the agency’s recommendations effectively, logically and concisely
- To be responsible for the day to day management of finances – to monitor all pricing on jobs to ensure that all aspects of a project are produced on time, efficiently and on budget, ensuring that full approval has been gained before monies are committed (obtaining purchase orders).
- Ensure prompt invoicing of all projects
- To manage the work flow for Account Executive where you have responsibility
- To deputise for the Account Director as and when requested when they are unavailable – both internally and with clients
Essential skills and attributes
- Able to think strategically, taking a long term view, weighing up pros and cons
- Able to communicate these strategic thoughts succinctly
- Capable of proactive and creative thought
- Able to cope under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Able to get the best from others through encouragement and involvement
- Able to prioritise workloads for self and others, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how to work with clients and deliver to the client’s specific requirements
- Able to present effectively and confidently
- Able to develop relationships with colleagues and clients
- Able to manage a team dynamic when required
- Prepared to muck in and get involved in areas in which they may have limited or no previous experience
- Willing to learn new skills and assimilate large quantities of information
- Able to negotiate best possible price/value for clients
- Can be relied upon to do what is required without continuous supervision
- Experience working within a fully integrated B2B marketing agency
- Experience of presenting ideas both orally and in the written word
- An interest in technology
And in return?
We thought you might ask that… well, it just so happens we have a pretty good answer for you. Apart from working with a cracking bunch of nice people, we have a number of initiatives to help nurture our talent as well as some nice perks to make life a little easier.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback.
- Professional development plan – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses.
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays.) Increasing to 30 days after 5 years service.
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Daily Fruit bowl and Breakfast essentials
- Refer A Friend Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Beer Fridge Friday.
- Tons of free parking.
Is that it?
Pretty much. Although it’s worth knowing that in addition to all of this, April Six is part of The Mission Marketing Group, a collation of 16 multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial agencies that include integrated, multi-sector agencies and specialists in particular markets. We employ 1,100 people across 25 offices in the UK, Asia and the US.