An opportunity to manage through-the-line campaigns for krow Group’s flagship account, Post Office
An exciting opportunity to work on a ‘national treasure’ like Post Office doesn’t come up very often, so when it does, you jump at the chance, right? Our flagship account is made up of a cross-office team of highly talented individuals tasked with delivering a strategic and creative step-change for Post Office through the development and implementation of stand-out, through-the-line campaigns. From highly engaging social content and persuasive broadcast TV, to immersive digital and hard working retail, you will be part of the team responsible for curating end-to-end communications for Post Office that touch all moments in the different customer journeys for their products and services.
We are looking for a passionate, organised and highly motivated full-time Account Executive who thrives in a fast-paced environment, to support on the delivery of Post Office consumer campaigns. The Account Executive will be helping to drive the end to end process, from picking up client briefs, to managing artwork through the studio and gaining approval from clients. They will be exposed to the development of our campaigns from the strategic planning and concept origination phases, all the way through to delivery of final campaign assets.
You are someone who has meticulous attention to detail, is passionate about marketing communications, and always delivers work to the highest standards.
In return, you will play a pivotal role in our first-class, experienced and supportive team, who work hard, but also like to have fun. This is a fantastic role for someone who is passionate about making a difference on an iconic brand. The position will be office-based in London, min 3 days per week.
A bit about krow…
krow is a full-service creative communications agency working out of four UK offices. Part of MISSION, we collaborate within a network of creative agencies in 28 locations worldwide, led by entrepreneurs who encourage an independent spirit.
Our clients range from big established retailers to smaller challenger brands and charities, giving our team the chance to do good over and above the business bottom line. We make Big Positive Impacts for our Clients that drive commercial growth, with ideas that move people to think, feel and act differently. Behind these ideas is a truly diverse culture, fuelled by passionate, sleeves-rolled up and open-minded thinkers.
It’s a no-brainer but our team are most successful when happy and fulfilled. That’s why we have many initiatives to support their development and wellbeing, including competitive benefits and family-friendly policies. With krow, it’s no egos all the way, everyone has a voice and the chance to make their own impact.
- Able to build a strong relationships with Clients and internal teams that are built upon trust and mutual understanding.
- Receive and respond to briefs from line manager and junior clients (with help from the team).
- Assist the Creative Department / Studio / Production teams by ensuring they have all the information required to respond to briefings.
- Oversight of project timing plans ensuring deadlines are met.
- Evaluate creative output ensuring they are accurate and on brief.
- Good awareness of the different media channels available for customer-facing comms.
- Responsible for organising and preparing meeting rooms for Client meetings, ensuring Agenda and presentation material are all in place.
- Ensure accurate timesheet logging, billing and invoicing.
- Attend, and contribute to, team meetings.
- Monitor the Client’s brand, industry and markets, and competitive activity.
- Become familiar with changes and trends for internal presentations and be prepared to provide a summary of this information to Clients.
- Manage the completion of status reports, agendas, contact reports and debriefs.
- Be the go-to person for industry news and competitive information on your Clients’ industries.
- Responsible for collating and presenting monthly competitive reviews and circulating business performance summaries.
Required skills and experience:
- Some agency experience having spent some time in a full service creative agency.
- Forward-thinking approach to all aspects of their work, displayed by a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
- A proven interest in the world of advertising and marketing.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Maintaining attention to detail.
- Not afraid to ask questions.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to take on other duties as and when required.
- Effective written and verbal communications – good experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PPT)
- Exceptional admin and organisational skills.
- Strong people skills and team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Competent IT skills.
Package and benefits:
Starting Salary: £27k
- Hybrid working model – 3 days in the office, 2 days remote
- 25 days per annum, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Workplace pension with employer contributions
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Christmas Club to help our team save for Christmas
- Interest-free loan for travel season tickets
- Access to our bespoke learning platform Mission Discovery
- Our Room to Grow career development programme with regular coaching sessions.
- Wellbeing supports including –
- Our wellbeing platform, krowkind, with always on access to tools and initiatives.
- Mental health first aiders, in the agency or a call away.
- A smile squad who organise agency get togethers and send treats in the post
- 24/7 counselling and advice helpline
- Happy to talk flexible working